Many of the world’s most perplexing issues are advanced by research conducted by PhD students and their faculty mentors.
By enrolling in our PhD programs, you won’t just learn how to conduct research; you’ll learn how to think in a completely different way. The University of Pittsburgh, named one of the top public research institutions in the country, offers an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in federally funded research and work with faculty who are experts in their fields.
Listing of Degree Programs
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Modeling and Simulation
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information Science
- Doctor of Philosophy in Information Science with a concentration in Telecommunications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Intelligent Systems
- Doctor of Philosophy in Library and Information Science