How to apply for incoming freshmen. 

Go to University of Pittsburgh’s undergraduate admission site.

Students interested in applying to the undergraduate Computer Engineering degree program should apply to the Swanson School of Engineering through the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.

Transfer Process

Transferring into the undergraduate Computer Engineering degree program can occur from within the University of Pittsburgh as an internal transfer, from any school in the country as an external transfer, or as an international student transfer. Review the University’s transfer guidelines for more detailed information.


Students already enrolled at Pitt may apply to the computer engineering degree program. To do so, a student must meet the necessary admissions requirements, which are outlined here.

If a student has met these requirements, they can complete an Academic Program Change form at the school/college they are currently attending or have attended. Their records will then be sent to the Swanson School of Engineering administration office for review. Students will receive a letter stating their admission status as well as notification of the credits that will transfer toward their BS in engineering.


Students who are transferring from other institutions should visit the University of Pittsburgh’s transfer site.


To be considered for admission, international students must submit an application through the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Please be sure to follow the instructions carefully for required supporting documents and tests.

  • Students must have a minimum GPA equivalent to or above 3.0 for consideration.
  • Students wishing to receive AP or IB credit must have their scores sent upon their admission to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. The Swanson School of Engineering cannot accept CLEP credit.

To view the Swanson School of Engineering’s policies on transfer credit please click here.

Please note that International Applicants for Transfer are subject to strict deadlines. For the most up to date information, please visit the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid’s page for International Transfer Students.