Minors and Certificates
Minors and certificates offer you the opportunity to enhance your education and distinguish yourself.
Minor in Computer Science
A 16 credit minor in computer science is available. The minor is essentially 5 of the 6 courses that are considered the “core” of the CS major. This is a rigorous minor. This minor is not intended for casual students interested in computer literacy.
The requirements for the CS minor are:
- CS 0401 INTERMEDIATE PROGRAMMING USING JAVA *
- CS 0445 DATA STRUCTURES
- CS 1501 ALGORITHM IMPLEMENTATION
Any two of the following three courses:
- CS 0441 DISCRETE STRUCTURES FOR CS
- CS 0447 COMPUTER ORGANIZATION AND ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE
- CS 0449 INTRODUCTION TO SYSTEMS SOFTWARE
*CS 0401 requires programming experience as a prerequisite. A student without any programming background would be advised to take the 3 credit course CS 0007 Introduction to Computer Programming as preparation for the course.