Certificate in Security Assured Information Systems (SAIS)
The 15-credit certificate program in Big Data Analytics is designed to address the needs of professionals with a Bachelor of Science or a Master of Science degree in Information Science or a related field in order to expand their professional skills and qualifications in effectively handling large amounts of disparate data.
Download a copy of our information sheet and application checklist.
Post-bachelor’s students must complete two of the following courses with a grade of C or better:
Post-master’s students must complete two of the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- INFSCI 2540 Software Engineering
- INFSCI 2620 Developing Secure Systems
- INFSCI 2621 Security Management
- INFSCI 2731 Security in E-Commerce
- INFSCI 2955 ST: Systems & Techology: Cybersecurity & Privacy Regulation
- TELCOM 2120 Network Performance
- TELCOM 2813 Security Management
- TELCOM 2825 Network Systems and Network Infrastructure Protection
Students completing the SAIS CAS will be eligible for the following Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Certifications:
- CNSS 4011 (Information Security Professionals – INFOSEC),
- CNSS 4012 (Designated Approving Authority – DAA), and
- CNSS 4013 (System Administrators in Information Security Systems – INFOSEC).
Students who chose TELCOM 2813 Security Management and TELCOM 2825 Network Systems and Network Infrastructure Protection additionally receive the following CNSS certificates:
- CNSS 4014 (Information Security Officers – Advanced Level) or
- CNSS 4015 (System Certifiers).